Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend full of savings!

So I started couponing exactly a year ago this month. I can't imagine my life without it now. I use to just buy things when I needed them (and paid full price!) but now I only buy things when they are on sale and I have created a stockpile so I never have to just run out to the store to buy things I'm out of. Sales go on cycles so the sale will always come again. Anyways, I started coupoining in Montgomery where most of the citizens are really really rich or really really poor. So couponing wasn't really a competitive sport there. Well, that's not the case for Carrollton! There is only 1 Publix in this town (5 in Montgomery) and if you don't get there the day the sale starts then you are going to be leaving with a lot of rain checks. So, I decided that I would do a little couponing while in Montgomery this weekend. And man I hit the JACK POT!! Lots of things that give you overage (which means the coupon value is more than the item, so the remaining amount goes towards your purchase) were already out of stock in Carrollton, but not in Montgomery! Check it out! Our first stop was Walmart (which is usually not a good place to coupon b/c they don't double coupons) but anyways, we hit the mother load. We walked in there and literally everything in our buggy was F-R-E-E... we only paid tax (which is 10% in Montgomery... just another reason to hate that city). See picture below:


I got 4 things of floss, 5 boxes of bandaids, 4 packs of nozema bikini razors & 4 fly swatters all for FREE.
Total before coupons: $20.33
Total after coupons: -.68 cents ($1.36 after tax)
Total Saved- $21.00
 Total %- 103%

Our next stop was Target, I had to print off some photos so we stopped by the photo center and I got 41 photos for .11 cents. We also got some groceries:

4 bottles of KC Masterpeice BBQ sauce
2 Zantac medicine

Total before coupons: $22.55
Total after coupons-  $4.55
Total saved- $18.00
% saved-79%


Alright, now this is my favorite thing ever! We had a gift card for Publix in the amount of $20.00 so if someone didnt have the gift card then their total would be + $20.00....

2 boxes of Ritz crackers
2 boxes of combat ant killer
4 boxes of lipton tea
1 morton season salt
2 boxes of cheerios
4 bottles of 150 oz purex detergent

Total Before Coupons: $83.81
Total after coupons and $20 gift card- $1.00
Savings- $82.81
% saved- 98%

**** Warning: My math is HORRIBLE. I caught one of my mistakes that claimed I saved 167% on something that was really like 80% savings. So, please excuse me if you catch any of my mistakes.....*******

No comments:

Post a Comment