Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Couponing....

I have had several requests that I should show my "couponing adventures" on this blog. I decided I will do that since couponing is the coolest thing ever and I hope to inspire people! Not only do I want to inspire people by starting to coupon, but also want people to take a look at their finances and create a budget. I know I sound like a nerd but it is amazing how much money people spend on crap that they don't even realize! When me and Hamilton first got married we would make weekend trips to Walmart and would spend about $150 in groceries for the week, and then we'd be right back to Walmart the next week. Well, two months after we got married I realized we just couldn't live like this. We have always had a budget so I knew where all of our money was going and we squeezed out all that we could. I will never forget the day I was introduced to couponing.....~~~~I got a phone call from my sister Rachel who told me about a website she heard of and about an awesome coupon deal at Target. I went to the website and printed the coupons and then I was off to Target. There I bought 4 John Frieda shampoos and conditioners for $4.00 (saved $18) I was HOOKED!!! Now I go to the grocery store a couple of times a week and spend a total of maybe $30 each week.  So hopefully this blog will be entertaining and inspiring!.......?


 this is a picture of my couponing book. 

 this is the inside. see how nice and organized it is?

 yeah, thats right. i have an index for it


1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!
    My only problem with trying to coupon is taking the time to actually clip all the coupons.. It is so very time consuming......

    ReplyDelete